Have you been able to catch the live broadcast today? If not here is the link to watch the replay. I watched it as soon as I got home from work, so here is a recap of some of the area’s touched during the LB.
SimGuruRyan (Ryan Vaughan) hosted the LB. SimGuruGraham (Graham Nardone) gave us a live demo on scuba diving.
For the Q&A part, there were some pretty good questions asked:
- Can pets go on houseboats? Absolutely! Providing you have Pets installed, but it is recommended you don’t bring a horse on board.
- What can kids do in the ocean or on the beach? They can play in the ocean, build sandcastles, splash/kick in the water at the shoreline, they can drive some of the boats such as the aqua boat and speedboat.
- Will Seasons work in IP? Yes. You can customize the seasons you want in your IP by going into Options-weather.
- Can you have mermen? Yes. **Graham gives a hint on how to turn your created sim into a mermaid or merman.
- When discovering a unchartered island, can you run a resort on it? Yes. The islands you unlock are yours to play however you want. There are 8 hidden islands, all have 8 different ways to unlock. There will also be a new cheat to unlock all the islands at once.
On Facebook, The Sims 3 team has put out a quiz to see What island are you? Go to www.facebook.com/thesims and take the quiz to see what island you are!
The patch came out today! Remember to do your usual safety lists before downloading patches.
Now for what about The Sims 4? Ryan introduced us to the Lead Concept Artist-Albert Truong. Quite the character he is. A great addition to The Sims! Albert gave us a sneak peek into what our Sims will look like in The Sims 4. Ryan also announced that The Sims 4 will have a BIG REVEAL at Gamescom this August 20! What they will look like, how they will interact with each other and getting into some of the details of the game will all be revealed.
The next live broadcast will be held July 9, 2013 with more on The Sims 4 and more.
THE SIMS 3 HIT THE 4K MARK THIS MORNING! Graham and Ryan announced that just before going live the 4k mark was hit on pre-orders. Woooot! So what does this mean? It means that next Tuesday, June 25 when Island Paradise is released, not only will you get the limited edition cast away items but you will also be able to download Barnacle Bay. Unfortunately this offer is only good for players in North America. But don’t start hollering yet. All players across the pond will get a FREE Stuff Pack of their choice. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
Okay. So there you have it. My recap to the LB from today. Now I’m going to stalk nraas (twallan) and see if he updated to the new patch. The I’m going to do my usual prepping and then cross my fingers and toes, make everyone in my house hold their breath, cross their fingers and toes… and patch.