It’s here folks. That dreaded and final patch to The Sims 3. Has it really all come to an end? This is like a bad dream turning into a nightmare. Still not completely sold on The Sims 4, the jury on that one for me is still out. I want to see more on the building aspect, from what I’ve seen so far…it appears my creativity has been lassoed. Not happy with that idea.
Anyway back at what’s at hand. Game Update 1.66 and all the goodies it fixed.
This game update includes the following changes:
Into the Future Updates:
- Fixed the Laser Rhythm-a-con VFX when on a houseboat
- Corrected a mannequin outfit issue when cloning the clothing pedestal
- Fixed an issue with Plumbot Trait Chips not appearing in the Adjust Trait Chip menu
- Future Sim reactions to SimBots are now more appropriate
- Ghosts no longer appear in the Time Almanac
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of The Silicon Slinger opportunity
- Descendants names will now update correctly after changing name at City Hall
- Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child’s body when travelling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday
- Fixed some consistency issues associated with Legacy Statue achievements
- Fixed an issue with the Bot Career not progressing correctly
- Fixed an issue with the Quantum Power Suits not working after reloading a saved game
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Time Traveler to catch on fire and not be able to be put out
- Fixed several graphical errors on the game screen that could occur when changing the resolution
The Sims 3 Store content updates:
- Fixed issues that occurred with having the Tree of Prosperity installed with Into the Future
- Fixed issue with Baby Walker and Playpen that could cause toddler problems
As always, remove you mods before patching. Back up your game. If any of you use MC or other mods, check with the creator before putting back in. I can tell you right now, with the release of this patch being today, don’t look for any updated mods today. As far at Twallan’s MC +other mods, I will be checking NRaas to see if one was needed on his mods. There are several other modders out there on that Wiki that are doing their level best to fill such big shoes and I’m positive they will do just fine. Just don’t patch your game yet. If you haven’t already, launch your game, go to updates tab, and click on the auto update box to uncheck it.
For more info on the patch go here.